Friday, April 8, 2011

First Post, We Should Celebrate!

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the whole blogging thing, and you'll have to forgive the simplicity of this one because I'm admittedly tech-tarded. I've been using LiveJournal for many years, but that's for more of a personal journal.

As an aspiring author, I figured it was time to start connecting with other writers and readers. I finished my first young adult novel last year and began researching and querying agents. That's when I read over and over again the importance of building a platform even before you get an agent.

So here goes... I am currently working on my second young adult manuscript. I've decided to put my first one aside for now because I just got accepted to the Vermont College of Fine Arts Writing for Children and Young Adults program. I start in July and I know that will soon be taking up all of my time. Once I've learned from the MFA program, then I'll resume my quest to get published, but for now it's all about the reading and writing.

I'll be using this blog to share book reviews, author/agent/industry info, my own writing process, and my experience in my MFA program. And since I'm random, I'm sure there will be plenty of other stuff thrown in here too.

That's all for now!
Happy Blogging!

Follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road!

No comments:

Post a Comment