Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays with Beauty Queens

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser:
"'Ohmigosh. No food at all.' Tiara sank down on the sand as if the full weight of their predicament had finally hit her. She blinked back tears. And then that megawatt smile that belonged on cereal boxes across the nation reappeared. 'I am going to be so superskinny by pageant time!'" ~Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, p11

Beauty Queens is about teen beauty pageant contestants who crash land on a dessert island and have to survive on their own. I had to read it because I miss Lost! (And I'm only like 10 pages in, but there was already a Lost reference.) I just started this book, but it's hilarious. It's not just the silly pageant queens that are funny. There's also a lot of satire of pop culture, especially reality TV. That's just what I've gotten from it so far. But I have a feeling there will end up being some more depth to the book and the characters too. Anyway, I'm obviously loving it!

What's your teaser?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tammy, I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. You can find out about it here: http://findingthewriteway.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html
    Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete