Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fictional Father Figures

I wasn't planning on posting today, but I just saw a list of fictional fathers by Priya at Tabula Rasa and her first one is one of my favorites so I had to do my own list. Like usual, mine will be more from TV shows than books, but what can I say? Also, I'm doing my list strictly on father figures - not biological fathers. Remember, someone doesn't have to be blood to be like a father to you!
(PS: You should check out Priya's list here!

1. Rupert Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The ultimate father figure. If anyone could use a parent to lean on when things get tough, it's Buffy. Giles loves her.


2. Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls. Does everything he can for the daughter of a single mother. He even says he cares more about her than he does himself.


3. Keith Scott from One Tree Hill. Helps his brother's ex-girlfriend raise her son after his brother abandons them.


4. Sandy Cohen from The O.C. A public defender who adopts one of his teenage clients because he comes from a crappy home.


5. Sirius Black from Harry Potter. As soon as he meets his godson, he offers him a home.

(Sidenote: I just noticed that in 3 of the 5 pictures there's coffee drinking involved!)

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe I missed Luke Danes, I mean he was a pretty great father to his daughter too, not just Rory! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete