Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays with Aww Moments in Literature

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten AWW Moments in Literature.

I sooo love this topic!

1. When Ron and Hermione finally kiss in The Deathly Hallows. "There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms.Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."

2. The flashback of Snape and Lily Potter as kids when he tells her that being Muggle-born doesn't make any difference.

3. After Harry learns that Sirius is his godfather and Sirius tells him that he can come live with him.

4. Every scene in the Twilight series where Jacob says something sweet to Bella. Pretty much every Jacob scene made me say AWW.

5. Every sweet boy moment in all of Sarah Dessen's books. It's hard to think of specifics right now, but she writes the most amazing teen romances with the coolest boys. Owen from Just Listen and Dexter from This Lullaby are my favorites.

And once again, I'm an epic book nerd fail. I read so many books that it's impossible to remember every character and scene. So... I'm finishing the list with the stuff that first popped into my head when I tried to think of AWW moments... Buffy the Vampire Slayer scenes! Buffy is such a well-written show that I think I could devote an entire blog to talking about it. If only I had the time!

6. Buffy says to Xander, "You're my strength, Xander. You're the reason I made it this far." AWW for friendship love!

7. Xander: They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't Chosen, to live so near the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary.
    Dawn: Maybe that's your power.
    Xander: What?
    Dawn: Seeing.

8. Spike says to Buffy, "All I did was hold you and watch you sleep. And it was the best night of my life."

9. Spike explains to Buffy that he dreams of the same thing every night and in his dreams he does what he couldn't do in real life. "Every night I save you."

10. Spike sings "Let Me Rest in Peace" to Buffy. Although, this one is definitely a combo of AWW and omg/sexy/hot/dirty/Spike! ""If my heart could beat, it would break my chest. But I can see you're unimpressed. So leave me be."

Leave a link to your Top Ten!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, you mentioned Buffy moments!! I loved the entire episode Tabula Rasa - it was so cute and hilarious when Spike thought his name was Randy Giles!!! And all Willow/Oz scenes!
    Ya..you're right, this will need an entire blog!!
    And I totally agree with 1,2, and 3...specially 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize, AGAIN, that I MUST read some Sarah Dessen this summer. I haven't read any of her books. Bad, bad librarian.

    ReplyDelete